Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Spring Fever

How can anyone wake up to a beautiful sunny morning and not get a slight feeling of spring fever? Well the Jacobsen's have that urge. The weather has been wonderful! Because of rejuvenating start, Andy and I have taken it upon ourselves to try things we have never done before, this includes making strawberry jam and growing a garden. I must say, finding strawberries for sale at an amazing price helped me work on my motherly skills. I am proud to announce I bought the strawberries and made one batch of jam while Andy finished the rest. I do have quite an amazing husband. The jam turned out great! And to add to that, I think we have a 6 year supply.
Our next endeavor came from a mixture of inspirations: 1) buying a new house and kindda having a yard 2) a relief society on gardening and 3) cool neighbors that started the trend. I will admit I never had the urge to grow a garden until I realized how amazing it would be to actually be successful and eat my home-grown food. Andy assures me this is my garden although he helped put the project together. We don't really have a "backyard" so we did the square foot garden which comes in handy if the HOA people get angry we can move it. Andy was awesome and connected us to the HOA watering system so we don't ever have to hand water. All in all the garden is doing well. I pray for it everyday. I will keep everyone posted on the firstlings of the Jacobsen garden box, unless Skooter continues to eat the dirt- we might be in trouble then.

No comments:

Post a Comment